Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Blessings of the day

  • Edmund sleeping in 'til 8 AM
  • answered prayers
  • snuggling with my son under a wool tartan blanket, reading Marguerite de Angeli's A Pocket Full of Posies: A Merry Mother Goose
  • a full refrigerator
  • a little extra time to put dishes away, wipe down counterspace, and sweep the floor in the kitchen while Edmund entertained himself nearby
  • a moment of Joy
  • a new autumn candle ("Mulled Cider" from Mainstays brand, found at Wal-Mart)
  • leek and apple cream soup and most delicious spinach salad for supper
  • a country drive in the rain afterwards

7 comments:

  1. What a beautiful picture of your day. I can just imagine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds delightful! So glad to hear that you had such a blessed and peaceful day!

    Love,
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, actually it was rather a difficult day, hence the need to count my blessings. :-P You know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That really sounds wonderful. Such small things can be such momentous blessings. And that soup sounds intriguing. Do you have a recipe?

    Blessings,
    This Good Life

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful list! The soup sound delicious, do you have a link to the recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, ladies! I will go post it now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. As Bing Crosby sang:
    When I'm worried and I can't sleep
    I count my blessings instead of sheep
    And I fall asleep
    Counting my blessings

    Thank you for the reminder to count my own blessings instead of troubles.

    ReplyDelete